Have you ever had the problem of playing songs with explicit lyrics in public? Well, software such as Audacity and Adobe Audition could be used to censor these lyrics, so that a song with explicit content can be transformed into a clean version like a radio edit.
- Install and open Audacity.
- Go to File > Import > Audio and after selecting the audio file that has explicit content, click on “Open”.
- Click on the “Zoom In” tool and select the area of the track that has to be censored.
For the next step, there are two options :
- Go to “Effect” and click on “Reverse”. This is will flip the selected section vertically, so that the explicit word becomes meaningless.
- The other option is go to Effect and click on “Vocal Remover” and then click on “OK”.
However, it should be noted that sometimes the instrumental part of the selected section could get removed as well by using the second method.
Finally, click on “File” and then on “Export” to save the censored version. After checking the details (info) of the track are correct, click on “OK”.
These are the ways that could be used to remove or alter the f-bombs and s-bombs in tracks. Hope this helps.