A few days ago, after syncing some tracks in to my iPhone, I wanted to play them but they were greyed out and I simply could not play them because I got an error message in the Music app stating “Item Not Available” but I could play them perfectly on iTunes. Crazy, right?
Basically, the reason for this is that the location of the file has got changed during the time of syncing (for some weird reason). Well, there is a simple way to fix this problem and today, I am going to share it with you.
Here’s how to get this issue resolved :
- Find the tracks that are not syncing with the Apple iPhone in iTunes.
- Right-click on the track and then click on “Delete From Library”.
- Next, click on “Delete Song” and then on “Move to Trash”.
- Open “Trash” and move the deleted files to any location (eg. Desktop).
- Finally, add the tracks to iTunes from that location by double-clicking on the files and sync them with your iPhone.
After following the steps given above, you should notice that the tracks are now playable on your iPhone.
 Quick Fix: Music Won’t Play on iPhone/iPod/iPad – iMobie Inc.. 2017. Quick Fix: Music Won’t Play on iPhone/iPod/iPad – iMobie Inc.. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.imobie.com/support/my-music-on-ipod-iphone-will-not-play.htm. [Accessed 13 March 2017].