Have you ever noticed that a few tracks in your iTunes library, which belong to the same album have got organised as if they are from two different (yet identical) albums? (By identical, what I mean is that the details such as “Album Artist”, “Album Title” and even “Album Artwork”). Today, I will show you how to get this solved.
First, make sure that your computer is running the latest version of Apple iTunes (The current version is 12.4.1). If the issue persists after updating, please follow the procedure given below:
- In iTunes, locate the tracks that belong to the same album but have been organised into two separate (yet identical) albums.
- Delete each track from the identical albums. When deleting tracks, click on “Delete Song” and then on “Keep File”. This will make sure that the files remain in the computer without their details (such as “Album Artist” and “Album Title”) getting affected.
- Click on “File” and then on “Add to Library”.
- When the Finder (in Mac OS X) or File Explorer” (in Windows) opens up, locate the files that need to be added.
- Finally, select the files and click on “Open”.
After following this, you will notice that the tracks have now got organised into the same album.
Hope this helps.